Are you interested in helping to shape UK tax legislation?
Are you interested in contributing to the ATT's responses to consultations?
The ATT aims to include input from its members in its responses to consultations, including those issued by HMRC and HM Treasury. As most of the preparation of responses is done by email or online survey, many members can participate: practical experience is particularly helpful when we are preparing technical responses.
You may also be interested in joining our Technical Steering Group, as either a member or contributor. Technical Steering Group considers and makes representations to Government on consultations, legislation (existing or proposed) or other material within their remit.
As a member of Technical Steering Group you can:
- Input to both public consultations and private submissions to influence tax changes
- Volunteer to attend meetings on behalf of the ATT
Benefits of Technical Steering Group membership:
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of the development of taxes within the UK
- Time spent on technical matters will count towards your annual CPD requirements
- Career enhancement
- Opportunity to get to know influential members of the tax profession and HMRC
- Opportunity to help influence changes to tax legislation through contribution to ATT submissions
- Opportunity to participate in open discussions of relevant issues
- Expenses incurred in volunteering are reimbursed
Most of our technical work requires a detailed understanding of the relevant taxes, so may not be suitable for those in the early years of their tax careers.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of becoming a Technical Steering Group contributor or member, please contact the atttechnical [at] att.org.uk (subject: Volunteering) (Technical Team.)