We are committed to ensuring that our members, students, volunteers and staff feel welcomed, valued and supported.
The Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), have a joint Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Committee. The joint committee assists us in ensuring we have clear EDI values that can be demonstrated through our behaviours, actions and operations.
Both ATT and CIOT are striving to be more visible in our EDI actions to support members, students, volunteers and staff with the aim of encouraging and championing a more inclusive profession and workforce.
For the ATT, that visibility manifests itself in many ways, including:
- Improving the diversity of thought and experience on our speaker panels, events and in our communications and publications.
- Introducing a new Nominations process for ATT members and Fellows to apply to join ATT's Council from 2021.
- Reviewing the process through which volunteers can engage with us, championing equality of opportunity.
- Introducing opportunities for new members to reach their potential, such as our new speaker programme.
- Actively listening to feedback about the accessibility of our services and embracing change, such as widening public access to our knowledge and members.
We are working with the CIOT to develop, promote and embed a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion. This programme of work will benefit ATT in the following ways:
- Growing and celebrating a diverse membership and volunteer community that reflects society.
- Increasing our influence with key stakeholders such as the public and government.
- Improving brand awareness of the ATT and ATT community.
- Delivering diversity of thought and experience through our national and regional events programme as well as our decision-making and leadership functions.
It will also benefit ATT members, students, volunteers, staff and the public in the following ways:
- Representing a community of ATT members and Fellows who reflect society, supported by a reputable, inclusive professional body.
- Ensuring the continued and future relevance of the tax profession to industry and consumers.
- Changing the perception of tax by offering a suite of qualifications that attract and retain the best talent from all backgrounds.
At the heart of the ATT and CIOT we believe we are open and welcome to all, at Head Office, throughout our Branch Network and through our volunteers, and as a profession to our students and our members. We do not claim to be perfect and if you think we have missed something, or you think we could do differently or better, please let us know using the contact form.
For further details about our EDI committee, please see here.