18 May 2022
HMRC have contacted us to say they are pausing some Research & Development Tax Credit (RDTC) payments while they investigate some irregular claims.
HMRC have asked us to share the following information in connection with this issue:
- The majority of R&D relief claims are unaffected but there will be some delays to their usual processing times, this will ensure they prevent abuse of the relief.
- To help process R&D payments quickly, please ensure you have completed all entries on the R&D section of your Corporation Tax return (CT600 form).
- Submitting additional information to support the claim, such as the R&D report will help HMRC process the claim quicker.
- Review the latest guidance on completing your CT600 form on GOV.UK
- If you submit a claim that is incorrect, inflated or fraudulent then you may be liable to a penalty.
- HMRC ask R&D claimants to be patient and not to contact the R&D helpline/mailbox to chase their claims. Instead, agents should check the company’s online account to check the status of their claim.