How to enter for your CBE
- The fee is £90 per examination.
- You will be eligible to sit the CBEs following acceptance of your ATT student registration, subject to a 21 day period to allow your profile to be created on the CBE system.
- You must apply to sit the CBEs online using this link.
- It is possible to sit the three CBEs on separate occasions, or you may sit them back-to-back at a single session, with a short break between the three CBEs.
- You should allow at least 10 working days between the time of booking the CBE and an appointment being available at your chosen centre. You should expect slightly longer waiting times at periods when demand is likely to be high (particularly in February and August).
- Provision will be made if you are eligible for extra time or require accessibiity software. Please education [at] att.org.uk (contact us )about this.
- If you are unsuccessful in your CBE you must allow 72 hours before booking again.
Thinking of entering for your CBEs? Have you taken the new full mock exams yet? These are the full 50 questions for Law and Ethics and the full 40 questions for Accounting. These are the same set up as the CBEs you will receive in your real test and are hosted by Prometric, although please note your IT set up may differ from the ones at the test centre. This may result in some differences in how the mock CBEs appear compared to the live CBEs, but these are the best way to get used to how to answer the CBEs on the day of your real test.
Please note that opening up the mocks below will open a new tab and you will be presented with the standard Prometric login screen. Please click on the “OK” tab and on the next screen click on the “Confirm” tab. You will then need to check the box that says “I accept these terms” to be able to click on the “Continue” tab. You will then be taken to the tutorial section, which includes the opportunity to practice the different question types that are in the CBEs. When you are ready, click on “Start Test” tab and you will be taken to the first question.
If when you click on the links below you get an error message saying that Flash is not enabled, please see instructions here on how to enable Flash.
If you have not yet attempted the mock exams, please click on the links below:
- Accounting - Mock 1
- Accounting - Mock 2
- Law - Mock 1
- Law - Mock 2
- Professional Responsibilities & Ethics from 1 March 2020
Guidance for success
Please click here for further guidance to help you succeed when taking the CBEs.
CBEs are available at test centres in the following locations:
- Exeter (four dates per year)
- Isle of Man
Please click here.