HMRC have announced some improvements to the homepage of the Agent Services Account (ASA)
HMRC have informed us of some changes to the ASA for VAT and trusts & estates as follows:
We want to inform you of some imminent content changes to the ASA Homepage.
These small changes are as follows:
1. An amendment to the text of the ‘Track your recent authorisation requests’ link to clarify it’s for authorisation requests within the past 30 days. The link will read, ‘Track your recent authorisation requests from the last 30 days’
2. A new Help & Guidance page, collating helpful GOV.UK guidance for agents, will be accessible from the very top of the agent services account homepage (next to ‘Account home’).
3. Two new links will be added to the collapsible list for Making Tax Digital for VAT. These are:
- ‘Copy across your authorisation’
- ‘Requesting an authorisation’
This will align Making Tax Digital for VAT’s collapsible list with the other collapsible lists, so they all follow the same format making them easier to understand.
When a + is selected the options for that section are displayed in a list. To collapse the list again select -
4. The Trusts and estates collapsible list will also be updated to mirror the basic format as mentioned above. A new link, ‘Ask your client to authorise you’ will be added to the links for:
- register trust
- register estate
- claim the trust
- Use this service to update the details of your client’s trust or declare no changes on the trust register
Collapsible lists are shown in the screen shot below.