End-Point Assessment (EPA) – Key dates
Please see below for the key dates for submitting the Portfolio and booking the Role Simulation session for the 2018 and 2019 EPAs.
DECEMBER 2018 EPA
|MARCH 2018 EPA||SEPTEMBER 2019 EPA|
|Role Simulation booking window – opens||
27 Sept 2018
|14 Jan 2019||22 July 2019|
|Apprentice to submit portfolio and book Role Simulation||
27 Sept– 29 Oct 2018
|14 Jan -15 Feb 2019||22 July – 16 Aug 2019|
|Booking closure for Role Simulation session||29 Oct 2018||15 Feb 2019||
16 Aug 2019
|Pre-seen information published on ATT website||8 Nov 2018||27 Feb 2019||28 Aug 2019|
|Date of Role Simulation||6 Dec2018||27 March 2019||25 Sept 2019|
|Results released to apprentices||10 Jan 2019||29 April 2019||28 Oct 2019|
Paper 1 and Paper 2 study manuals FA 2017;
EPA dates for 2019
The EPA dates for 2019 are as shown below and full details, such as when the booking window opens, will be available in due course.
- 27 March 2019 (Paper 1 and Paper 2 study manuals FA 2017; Ethics 4th Ed; Law 4th Ed)
- 25 September 2019 (Paper 1 and Paper 2 study manuals FA 2018; Ethics 4th Ed; Law 5th Ed)
- 4 December 2019 (Paper 1 and Paper 2 study manuals FA 2018; Ethics 4th Ed; Law 5th Ed)
Why choose the ATT for your end-point assessment?
The ATT is on the Register of Apprentice Assessment Organisations for the following apprenticeship standards:
- Professional Taxation Technician Apprenticeship
This means that we can offer the end-point assessment services leading to the certification of the apprenticeship for this apprenticeship.
Our end-point assessment offer makes sure that training providers and apprentices are prepared fully for the end-point assessment as set out in the assessment plan. You can find the standard and the assessment plan for the Professional Tax Technician apprenticeship here
By choosing the ATT as your end-point assessment organisation you will be assured that:
- You will know exactly what to expect in the end-point assessment and be able to prepare your apprenticeships appropriately
- You have your end-point assessment administered by experienced assessors trained to understand the context within which the apprentice is working and producing evidence
- You will be able to access our support documents soon to help ensure your delivery staff are clear about the end-point assessment standards required, how much evidence is sufficient, and whether the apprentice is ready to go forward to the end-point assessment.
Professional Taxation Technician Apprenticeship
This is an apprenticeship designed as an entry-level route into taxation. The apprenticeship is at Level 4 and is graded at Pass and Distinction, depending on performance in the end-point assessment.
Individuals in the role of a Professional Taxation Technician will have responsibility for creating, and / or verifying and reviewing, accurate and timely financial information within the organisation in which they are employed or on behalf of another organisation. This role may exist in an accounting practice, a professional services company, HMRC or the accounting function of a business or other organisation.
Examples of roles as a Professional Tax Technician include, but are not limited to, Tax Investigations Officer, Personal Tax Assistant and Business Tax Assistant.
How do I sign up for the ATT to provide my end-point assessment?
The apprenticeship 'Getting Started' toolkit will be available in due course and the training provider will be able to register apprentices for the end-point assessment with the ATT at the appropriate time.
How much does the end-point assessment cost?
It costs £575. This includes both elements, the Portfolio and the Role Simulation.
Where can I sit the end-point assessment?
You can sit the end-point assessments at the following locations:
If you have further queries, please see our FAQs or contact ATT attapprentice [at] att.org.uk (subject: ATT%20Apprenticeship) (here)