The Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) and the Irish Tax Institute (ITI) are to work together to promote the Taxation Technician designation internationally.
A Mutual Co-operation Agreement signed by the two bodies sets out how they will:
- Collaborate in the promotion of high standards in tax compliance education, representation and practice internationally;
- Provide membership services to each others’ members in their ‘home’ locations;
- Work towards mutual recognition by each body of their respective qualifications;
- Work together on projects of mutual benefit in education, professional standards and CPD;
- Provide cooperative representation on behalf of the global tax compliance profession to relevant taxation bodies such as the Forum on Tax Administration at the OECD;
- Promote the designation of Taxation Technician as the international gold standard for the tax compliance profession.
Stuart McKinnon, President of the ATT, said:
“The Taxation Technician brand is already well known in the UK and Ireland as a mark of expertise in tax compliance services. With tax becoming increasingly international it makes sense for the ITI and ourselves to work together to promote the designation internationally and to ensure that the profession is properly represented in international forums.”
Martin Phelan, President of the ITI, said:
“The ITI and ATT share common and strong interests in the advancement of the profession of Taxation Technician. As well as working together to improve services and recognition for our own members we are keen to work with tax bodies in other countries to promote high standards in tax compliance internationally and ultimately to establish Taxation Technician as the global designation of excellence in tax compliance.”
Notes to Editors
- Founded in 1989, the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) is a charity and the leading professional body for those providing UK tax compliance services and related activities. Our members are qualified by examination and practical experience to assist individuals and businesses in complying with their tax obligations.
The primary objective of the Association is to promote education and study of the administration and practice of taxation. One of the key aims is to provide an appropriate qualification for individuals who undertake tax compliance work. Those who meet the membership requirements have their qualification recognised by use of the title of ‘Taxation Technician’ and the designatory letters ‘ATT’.
The ATT has over 13,000 members, Fellows and registered students.
- The Irish Tax Institute is the leading representative and educational body for Ireland’s AITI Chartered Tax Advisers (CTA) and is the only professional body in Ireland exclusively dedicated to tax. Our members provide tax expertise to thousands of businesses, multinationals and individuals in Ireland and internationally. In addition many hold senior roles within professional service firms, global companies, Government, Revenue and state bodies.
The Institute is the leading provider of tax qualifications in Ireland, educating the finest minds in tax and business for over thirty years. Our AITI Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) qualification is the gold standard in tax and the international mark of excellence in tax advice.
A respected body on tax policy and administration, the Institute engages at the most senior levels across Government, business and state organisations. Representing the views and expertise of its members, it plays an important role in the fiscal and tax administrative discussions and decisions in Ireland and in the EU.