HMRC has provided us with the following information regarding its office plans:
“We’re now very close to being able to announce the locations of a number of our regional centres – and we expect to have announced the majority of them by the end of the summer. The nature of negotiations means that it is difficult to provide an exact date. We have promised our staff that we will tell them first of the location as soon as we are able to, but we plan to provide you with an update too. We announced Croydon and Bristol last year and we will open our Croydon Regional Centre this summer.
Our Locations programme is one of the UK’s largest office property programmes. It will bring employees together into 13 modern regional centres, five Specialist Sites and - until 2027 - six Transitional Sites.
- Thirteen regional centres located in:
- HMRC will retain a Head Office in Westminster.
- Five specialist sites, for work that cannot be done elsewhere, notably where HMRC needs to work with its IT suppliers or other government agencies or departments. These specialist sites will be located in:
- Gartcosh (Scottish Crime Campus)
- Telford (Plaza 1 and Plaza 2)
- HMRC will also retain six transitional sites located in:
- East Kilbride (Queensway House)
- Ipswich (Haven and St Clare Houses)
- Portsmouth (Lynx House)
- Reading (Sapphire Plaza)
- Washington (Waterview Park)
- Canary Wharf (10 Colonnade, E14)
First regional centre
- HMRC’s first regional centre will open in Croydon in 2017, and all regional centres will be up and running by 2022.”