19 September 2019
ATT and CIOT hosted a webinar for members which looked at what you need to be doing to comply with your AML obligations and how you might come across money laundering in practice.
The webinar took place on Wednesday 16 October at 10.00-11.00am and featured:
- John Roberts (Webinar Chair and member of Joint Professional Standards Committee)
- Charlotte Ali (CIOT/ATT Professional Standards)
- Jane Mellor (CIOT/ATT Professional Standards)
- Tim Lindberg (CIOT/ATT Membership)
The panel provided a general update and also talked about a range of AML issues including:
- A reminder of the basic requirements that the CIOT/ATT will expect to see in their role as AML supervisors;
- Frequently asked questions in relation to practical application of AML requirements including SARs and MLRO responsibilities;
- Risk areas that you may come across in practice including areas that you may not automatically consider such as modern slavery; and
- The 5th Money Laundering Directive and key changes.
All our webinars count towards meeting your CPD requirement.