Exams will be conducted remotely for 2021, and we will not be returning to exam halls. Please refer to our online exams page where we will share more information as we continue to adapt.
What you need to know before entering
- New students: You must be a registered ATT student at least four months before you can sit your first tax exam
- Current students: Your registration must be valid during the exams. You can view your student registration expiry date under My Membership in the Portal
- Forthcoming session: You can only enter for the forthcoming exam session
- Awaiting results: You cannot enter for exams if you are awaiting results from the previous session. You will be able to do so on results release date for that session
- Exemptions: You must apply for any exemptions before the closing date of your final tax exam(s)
- Payment and confirmation: You must pay the exam fee to complete your entry, except if you choose to have your employer invoiced. You will then be automatically sent an email confirmation. If you do not receive one, please education [at] att.org.uk (subject: Exam%20Entry%20Confirmation%20Email) (contact us)
The up-to-date fees can be found here.
We accept the following:
Alternatively you can also choose to have your employer invoiced for exam entry fees.
If you choose to have your employer invoiced, please ensure your employment details are up-to-date under My Profile in the Portal before entering, as this will enable us to provide the correct invoice details for any entries you make.
An invoice is usually issued within one month of entering. During peak periods this may take longer. If your employer has not yet received the invoice; this will not affect your exam entry.
Exam Session Opening and Closing Dates
|Session||Exam Entry Opens||Exam Entry Closes|
|May||Mid-December||Last day of February|
Last day of August
Late exam entry: Council may, at its absolute discretion, accept an application for late exam entry up to one month after exam entry closes on payment of an additional fee, currently £100.
Registering for the ATT Exam
When exam entry is open (see dates above) please log into your account and click on the Enter for the Exams link.
Exam Dates and Deadlines
For more key information such as exam dates and deadlines, click here.