Achieving and maintaining the ATT qualification demonstrates to the employer and client that a benchmark has been achieived.
ATT members are committed to continuing their long term professional development, so that employers and clients can be sure their knowledge and skills are up to date, giving your business a competitive edge.
Membership of the ATT
To be eligible for membership of ATT a student must have achieved the following:
- Passes in two compulsory Certificate papers (Personal Taxation and Business Taxation & Accounting Principles)
- Passes in the two compulsory CBEs (Law and Professional Responsiblities & Ethics)
- Pass in any one of the other Certificate papers (Business Compliance or Corporate Taxation or Inheritance Tax, Trusts & Estates or VAT)
- At least two years' practical experience in UK taxation
- Be a fit and suitable person
Professional Esteem and Status
Members are entitled to use the letters ATT after their name and the descriptive title 'Taxation Technician'.
The careers section will give you an idea of where the qualification can take you.
Prospectus and Syllabus
Download the prospectus and syllabus here.
Fees for 2018
- Registration: £150 (this is non-refundable unless your application is unsuccessful). Registration lasts for five years and may be renewed after that time.
- Credits: £140 for one of the written papers and £80 for the Law Computer Based Examination (further details can be found here).
- £80 per Computer Based Examination per sitting