This series focuses on the rise of technology within tax, how it is impacting businesses, government and careers now and in the future.
- As the world moves towards increased technological advancements across all sectors and industries, it is clear the tax industry is not immune.
- Technology in tax is a highly topical subject due to the direction of travel we are seeing. It is transforming the way we work now and in the future.
- Join us for informative discussions, engage with like-minded tax professionals on a popular subject that can help you to navigate your career with tax technology.
- We will be running four free 30 minute webinars, covering a number of topics with eight impressive speakers.
The rise of the "tax technologist" and should I become one?
- The role and skill set of a tax technologist, and how to transition into a career in tax technology.
How is tax technology changing internal tax functions?
- How are internal tax departments responding to the tax technology evolution? How has technology been used so far to improve internal processes? What challenges has this created and what’s next?
The tax system and Blockchain (the technology behind Bitcoin)
- An overview of blockchain technology, how it works and how cryptocurrencies use this technology.
- How blockchain technology has improved and could continue to improve the tax system.
Technology and global tax administrations
- The digital tools that tax administrations in different jurisdictions are using (or building) to help improve tax compliance, administration and enforcement. What does ‘good’ look like and which jurisdictions are ahead of the curve? What are HMRC’s existing tools and ‘tax tech’ ambitions?
Our first event in the series:
The rise of the ''tax technologist'' and should I become one?
The role and skill set of a tax technologist and how to transition into a career in tax technology.
- Date: Tuesday, 21 September 2021
- Time: 14:00 - 14:30 BST
The event will include live Q&As with the ability to submit questions directly to our speakers!
Our speakers for this event:
Founder and Director, CBO Search
Candice Bordeaux has a background in law and has acquired 16 years of experience in Tax Technology working on a pan-European basis in consulting and software firms. Through this experience, Candice has built a firm knowledge and understanding of the Tax Technology industry alongside a strong network of contacts in the UK and internationally. Candice is the Founder and Director of CBO Search (www.cbosearch.com) a recruitment firm specialised in Tax Technology. CBO’s clients include the Big4, specialised consulting firms, FTSE and European stock market listed firms as well as most of the Tax Automation software firms.
National Tax Partner, Saffery Champness
Robert is the National Tax Partner for Saffery Champness and specialises in advising individuals and companies on cross border tax issues. Robert was previously the author of Tolley’s International Tax Planning and consulting editor to Tolley Guidance. He was also listed in Tax Journal’s 40 under 40 Tax Advisers in 2012. Robert sits on the firm’s Management Board and is also Chair of the Nexia International Tax Committee. As part of his role as National Tax Partner he is responsible for the firm’s approach to Making Tax Digital, which includes the use of new processes and technology to improve efficiencies, and what the “advisor of the future” may look like.
Our spaces are limited, so don't miss your chance! Click the REGISTER ONLINE button below to book your place for the event 'The rise of the ''tax technologist'' and should I become one?'.
You can register your interest HERE for the remaining webinars in our series and we will be in touch with you once the bookings are open!
Contact us: ntp [at] ciot.org.uk