Maintaining a broad and comprehensive awareness of tax can be difficult and time consuming which is why we’ve partnered with AAT to bring you the Sharpen Your Tax Skills series, a concise and practical course reflecting on all the latest tax changes, delivered by tax expert, Michael Steed.
What you'll learn:
- How to tackle common tax issues and get expert advice on the questions most relevant to you and your clients.
- During the day Michael will cover a wide range of practice scenarios across the tax spectrum, including personal, business and capital taxes.
- The workshop will compromise of a series of topical tax scenarios that are commonly met in practice which attendees will discuss in a group format followed by a general discussion.
Key areas covered include:
- personal tax planning
- Capital Gains Tax, including the changes to non-resident and resident CGT and Principal Private Residence relief
- IHT – making the most of IHT reliefs in life and death
- Business tax – including testing the deductions rules on issues such as home working and travel costs
- passing the family business on - exit strategies for OMB owners, including the recent changes to Entrepreneurs’ Relief
- employment taxes - maximising tax efficiencies for Benefits in Kind
- VAT registration issues
- MTD – where are we now?
- is there life after Brexit?
- the construction Domestic Reverse Charge.
Registration will open with coffee and tea at 09.00 and the first session will start promptly at 09.30. A networking lunch will take place around midday and the final session will end at 16.00.
London – Saturday 5 October - Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, Coram Street, London, WC1N 1HT
London – Wednesday 23 October - Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, Coram Street, London, WC1N 1HT
Exeter – Saturday 26 October - Mercure Exeter Southgate Hotel, Southernhay East, Exeter, EX1 1QF
Birmingham – Wednesday 30 October - Novotel Birmingham Centre, 70 Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2HT
York – Tuesday 5 November - Novotel York Centre, Fishergate, York, YO10 4FD
London – Tuesday 12 November - Holiday Inn Kensington High Street, London
£215 - ATT, CIOT Members and Students and AAT Members.
£300 - Non-members