The ATT have launched new online Foundation Qualifications in partnership with Tolley.
The qualifications are ideal for those that work in:
- Tax – for example junior staff looking to extend their knowledge, bookkeepers and anyone looking for the first step towards the formal ATT qualification.
- Accountancy - including those looking to more over to tax or be seconded to a tax department.
- Related professions such as lawyers dealing with private clients, or surveyors requiring an overview of tax including capital allowances.
The Foundation Qualifications are provided entirely online and can be worked through at your own pace, allowing you to fit then in around work and other personal commitments. Foundation Qualifications can be completed in as little as three months, with no longer than twelve months recommended. If you do take over twelve months to complete a qualification you will need to be aware of and understand any relevant changes in the tax legislation.
There are currently three different Foundation Qualifications available, covering:
- Personal Tax
- Business Tax
- VAT Compliance
Each of these is split into four modules:
- Each module has its own exam.
- Each module has to be taken in order, and the module exam passed before moving on to the next module.
- All four module exams must be passed before you can sit the final Foundation Certificate exam (which covers all four modules).
All training and exams for the Foundation Qualifications takes place online. Exams comprise multiple choice / multiple response questions.
Mock exams are available, and both mock and modular exams can be taken as many times as needed.