HMRC PAYE update 100
HMRC have provided a further informal update on PAYE related matters for sharing. The update covers the Real Time Information (RTI) pilot, taking on new members of staff and the introduction of a Contractual Disclosure Facility.
There is still time to join the Real Time Information pilot
We have had a really good response to our request for more employers to join our pilot, but there is still time to volunteer to join the pilot later in 2012-13.
If employers join the pilot before March 2013 they:
- Won’t have to complete the current PAYE end of year process or (from the time they join) in-year movements
- Will have greater levels of support from HMRC for their move to RTI
- Won’t be subject to any new penalties to be introduced as a result of RTI, giving them time to adopt RTI and get things right before the RTI penalties legislation is implemented
How to apply
Employers should speak to their software provider to see if they are participating and let them know they would like to join the pilot in November 2012. The providers will then approach our RTI team on the employer’s behalf. The team will then contact the employer to discuss their business in detail to see when it would be most appropriate for them to join RTI.
There is more information on Real Time Information, what it means for employers and what they have to do to be ready at : Getting ready for RTI
Taking on a new member of staff?
We have launched three new tools to help make the process easier for taking on new staff. They deal separately with:
- recruiting staff
- making pre-employment checks and contracts of employment
- getting new workers started
Take a look at the new tools at: Use our new and improved interactive tools | Business Link
New facility to tackle serious tax fraud
As part of the Government’s commitment to tackle fraud, we have recently introduced a Contractual Disclosure Facility (CDF).
Find out more about our new facility to tackle serious tax fraud
6 February 2012