This role is suitable for someone who has already started their career, so perhaps a part qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or ICAS).
Duties and responsibilities could include:
- Preparation of financial information for management and statutory purposes.
- Tax compliance and planning work.
- Assisting with the tax provision reporting process and the tax compliance process to include the submission of tax returns and tax payments to the relevant tax authorities.
- Assisting with the tax budgeting and planning processes.
- Liaising with finance teams, auditors, tax advisors and authorities
- Assisting with ad hoc consultancy projects
- Research and analyse tax issues in line with day to day work and projects
- Providing administrative assistance as and when required.
- Possibly ACCA looking to make a move from accounting into taxation.
- Some previous exposure to tax e.g. working experience in another tax role, written a degree dissertation on a tax subject, started the ATT qualification
- Excellent spoken and written English skills and the right to work in the UK
- Excellent IT skills and a good level of general commercial awareness
- A good level of knowledge of current UK tax rules would be an advantage. You must be able to work diligently in a challenging environment.