This role is for an ATT qualified individual working in an accountancy practice and dealing with both personal and corporate tax clients (so both individuals and businesses).
Duties and responsibilities could include:
- Managing the relationship for a number of personal tax clients.
- Supervision of personal tax return preparation for some of the personal tax database.
- Provision of high level technical and tax planning advice to clients, working as necessary with seniors, managers and partners.
- Maintaining an up to date technical knowledge of personal tax planning opportunities.
- Dealing with ad hoc client advisory and planning issues as they arise on the personal tax client base.
- Involvement in business development in your local region.
- Management responsibilities for tax department staff.
- Prepare and submit annual self-assessment tax returns and computations, P11D and other sundry HMRC forms on a timely basis (such as Employee Share Scheme returns, CGT, PAYE and Trust submissions, subject to ability)
- Prepare Corporation Tax returns.
- Provide Corporation Tax reviews.
- Collate and maintain client information.
- Correspond and deal with client enquires in relation to their tax issues and liabilities, ensuring any unresolved issues are referred to the appropriate Partner; including the initial handling/ identification of both tax planning and tax investigation issues.
- Maintain direct contact with clients, HMRC, solicitors, other accountancy, law and professional services firms, in the delivery of an excellent client service.
- ATT qualified
- An existing network of private client contacts in the local region.
- Ability to exercise judgement and work without close supervision.
- Ability to proactively manage existing client relationships and to develop new relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of risk management issues.
- Ability to contribute to business proposals and to bring opportunities to the attention of the managers.