This role is a typical entry level position for someone who is starting their career in tax. It encompasses a graduate role in an accountancy practice, where you might deal with businesses so companies, partnerships or sole traders. This could be a role in the corporate tax team of a Big 4 or Top 20 accountancy practice or a large independent accountancy firm.
As a graduate you'll gain a comprehensive understanding of business and the skills to really make a difference. You'll work with clients across the whole business cycle and at different stages of their development to unlock their potential for growth.
Duties and responsibilities could include:
- Studying for your professional qualification (ATT, CTA or ACA)
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and tax authorities
- Able to balance your workload with the pressures of studying for a professional qualification
- Assist clients with their tax compliance regulations, complete tax returns and computations and undertake research into complex tax enquiries
- Assist in providing tax advice on client portfolios and ad hoc assignments as they arise
- Carry out analysis and draft reports to communicate recommendations to clients
- To provide support on planning projects and research technical issues on advisory work such as asset/business sales, succession planning and non-residence issues.
- Reviewing clients' business structures, operations and personal financial arrangements to deliver solutions for their financial goals and business needs