Many employers in the professional services sector believe higher apprentices will help them tap into talent that may not be represented by traditional recruitment routes.
Find out more by reading some case studies from employers.
Why develop a Professional Services Higher Apprenticeship?
The Professional Services Higher Apprenticeship has pathways in tax, audit and consulting at level 4 (equivalent to first level higher education). Each is composed of three elements:
1. Technical knowledge
- Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) qualification for the taxation pathway;
- Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales (ICAEW) Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) qualification for the audit pathway; and
- Certificate in Management Consulting, a new theory qualification for management and consulting.
- demonstrating competence in tax / audit / consulting methods and tools, and regulatory and technical updates.
3. Business skills
- demonstrating competence in managing performance, business and commercial awareness, and communication skills.
Why employ an apprentice?
Grants, funding and NIC exemptions
For further details on employing an apprentice and what funding is available, visit the Skills Funding Agency website.
Six steps to employing an apprentice
1. Check the Professional Services Higher Apprenticeship Framework
2. Register your interest in employing an apprentice
3. The training organisations which offer tax apprenticeship training and handle your apprentice's training, qualification and assessment are:
- BPP Professional Education
- Visit the BPP website
- Contact: 03331 306251
- e-mail: corporate [at] bpp.com
- Visit the Kaplan website
- e-mail: Cassandra.Macdonald [at] kaplan.co.uk
4. Check if you are eligible for a grant
5. Advertise your apprenticeship
- Your training organisation will do this for you through the 'Find an apprentice' service
- You can publicise and track your vacancies by registering as an employer
6. Select your apprentice and make an apprenticeship agreement with them
- Download the template here