Supporting Your Staff During Training
You can help your staff to improve their success rates by:
1. Providing time and space to study
Many organisations find that giving their staff paid study leave (to attend classes, revise or sit exams) boosts ATT pass rates.
2. Work experience and mentoring
Shadowing colleagues, and placements or job swaps in different departments, gives students the chance to master the skills they learn during ATT training. Appointing a mentor for your ATT students can also help their confidence and understanding to grow as they train.
3. Allowing your staff time to attend ATT branch events and Student Training Conferences
As ATT members or students, your employees will be able to attend the Student Training Conference and events at our branches. Many of these focus on specific topics and relevant issues - like tax changes after the Budget or new financial legislation. Not only do they provide essential information for your trainees but in addition they are an excellent source of CPD for your qualified staff.
4. Supporting your staffs progression to ATT membership
Once they complete and passed the required exams, most students choose to become an ATT member, which allows them to use the letters ATT after their name. By encouraging your ATT qualified staff to become full members, you can be sure that
- they are committed to keeping their skills and knowledge up to date
- their contribution to the professionalism of your team is enhanced
- they receive the full benefits of ATT membership